Risk Memo is on its way!
First, here’s a little bit about us
My name is Alistair Scott, CEO and founder of Risk Memo. As Operations Director for an adventure tourism company, Flying Fox, I’m responsible for safety at 5 locations in two countries. Keeping on top of tasks, paperwork in sync, and my team up to date is challenging and time consuming – risk assessments most of all because they’re always in need of editing.
You would have thought there’d be an app that rolls all the aspects of risk mitigation into one, right? Wrong.
Over the past 6 months we’ve been working away on Risk Memo, and we can’t wait for you to give it a go.
The problem that Risk Memo will tackle:
The task of completing a risk assessment is performed by a technical expert whose knowledge and experience enables him/her to foresee a risk and apply a control measure.
- First of all, it’s often viewed as a chore rather than a useful risk mitigation system
- Predicting every possible risk is a daunting task
- A paper system is not scalable, shareable or easily editable
- Has the whole team read the latest risk assessment?
- Do I ask everyone to read and sign the assessment every time it’s edited?
- Does my team inform me of new risks?
- Are control measures being implemented?
A paper-based system takes an inordinate amount of time and effort – effort that would be better spent managing the risks, instead of the system that documents them.
The Risk Memo solution
Risk Memo is a risk and damage reporting, risk assessment and task management mobile app. At its core is the concept that managers should support people, not paperwork, with a system that allows all employees to take an active role in workplace health and safety.
Risk Memo achieves this with a dynamic procedure for employees to highlight risks; integrate that procedure with a compliant risk assessment, and structure these documents into three segments; company, category and site-specific.